Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Weight Loss

So before the husband and I went on our cruise in September we decided that we wanted to do some kind of workout program.  So after some research of local facilities we decided to go to a place called the HIT Center.  HIT stands for Huntington Intensive Training.  We both wanted to loss weight and get into better shape.  So at the end of September we began our venture at the HIT Center

We did some testing which showed your BMI (WOW-not a number I wanted to see), your daily calorie burn and your heart rate range.  The heart rate test gives you the range that your heart rate should be when your body is putting forth effort (the low number) and the maximum rate where you are to the point you need to stop (high number).  The husband and I share a trainer.  We started with 15 sessions and we are about 1 session away from being done.  The trainer works you so hard that you are about ready to DIE at the end. 

We do cardio, weights, legs and abs in every session.  While a lot of people are fine going to the gym on their own and knowing what to do-this method of working out works best for us.  I would say eventually we will go on our own but the trainers REALLY push you.  And since I know I am paying for it and have an appointment for every session I know that I have to go and can't go home and put my sweats on like I would like to do!

So with that said I am happy with the results.  Of course along with the workout we are trying to stay under so many calories per day.  I am not religious with my calorie counting but I do try.  I have cut out some of my previous bad habits (like my daily sweet tea every morning) and snacking a lot during work.  While I know I could do better you got to do it in baby steps-right?

So this morning when I got on the scale I was surprised at my weight number.  We didn't work out at all last week because I wasn't feeling very good.  But my number this morning was the lowest I have probably been since my 2nd year or so in college.  My original goal was to loose 20 pounds at first.  Of course I would like more, but 20 pounds sounded like a resonable starting goal and would put me back to where I was probably before college and have me feeling better about  my self.  Since the end of September I have lost 11 pounds.  I know that is not a whole lot, especially in 2 months, but for me who hasn't lost weight in years it is.

 I have a ways to go and I plan to work hard at it.  We are going to continue with the sessions and I hope to add a few boot camps in to for good measure.  Some of my pants are getting too big and I feel better.  The hubby has also done pretty good himself.  It does help that we are doing it together and motivate each other.  So may the weight loss continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment