Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

What's for dinner?

That’s the million dollar question…I don’t know what’s for dinner. I am in a dinner rut. I feel that we eat the same things over and over. I will try new recipes but usually don't find one that makes it into our usual dinner routine. I am also picky about finding recipes. I won't usually make a recipe if I don't have most of the ingredients on hand. If its an ingredient that I know I will use continuously or all of it in the recipe, no big deal. I just don't like buying something and use 1 tsp of it for the recipe and the chances of I ever using it again are slim to none. I need some help finding something good to add into the mix. I have tried several new recipes recently and we have really liked them. I just need to make them part of the routine.

A friend and I were talking recently about how we hate to come up with dinner ideas. And being that we eat generally the same things it kind of gets boring. Our dinners usually consist of beef or chicken and sometimes pork. We will occasionally do something frozen in the oven for something easy. But if we have beef it is normally in the form of hamburgers or tacos. Chicken is usually grilled, but sometimes breaded and baked. And normal dinners include some side (usually a pasta side) and a veggies (usually green beans). So as you see we are pretty boring people.

Now we will switch it up and we do have some other things we throw into the mix but we probably eat some version of the above at least half of the meals we cook at home. My husband can be a picky eater and likes a countable meal (meaning he knows he is going to like it). I like it too because I don't have to see him make faces and ask "What's in this?" And if he sees me pull out sour cream or cream cheese he automatically gets "the look" on his face. But the funny thing is that if I sneak it in the meal he doesn’t know the difference! So I have learned to not always share the ingredients used or dodge the question when asked.

So I also struggle to come up with something that sounds good for dinner and need a little variety in my life. If you have any suggestions for my rut please share!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello my name is Stephanie I'm a new follower of your blog and I must say I have a wonderful salution for the dinner problem I follow Mrs. Bear's Tasty Fare and she makes some yummy dishes I actually print out the yummy stuff and add it to my cook book its so goo you should go check her out maybe she can give you some idea....

    <3 SRH

    ReplyDelete