Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday!

It's Friday!  And due to the snow my work was delayed so I got to lay in bed and watch the Today show for a little bit. 

This evening we are packing up and heading to the Greenbrier for the weekend.  I am kind of excited to do a getaway.  They were running a great special for the winter months so we got a great price on the room.  We are also doing a bunker tour and going on a horse drawn sleigh ride!  I have been to the Greenbrier several times for lunch and the husband worked there in the summers for about 6 years.  However, I have never stayed there.  I think we have a nice getaway without breaking the bank too bad.  We also have some good friends going with us so we will have good company too. 

I'm kind of  worried about the snow though.  Three weeks ago we were going to my in-laws house on Friday evening which is close to the Greenbrier.  The drive normally takes 3 hours.  We left at 4pm and at 6pm we got stuck in traffic due to accidents.  16 and a half hours later we were moving again!  It sure was an experience.  We finally got a hotel room on Saturday afternoon and made it the remaining hour drive on Sunday morning.  Let's just hope the snow is kinder to us this time around and we make it to and back safely without a nights stay in the truck!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment